On behalf of the Organising Committee, we extend a warm invitation to attend the 2017 ASP Annual Conference, which will be held in Leura in the Blue Mountains, NSW from the evening of Monday 26th – Thursday 29th June 2017.
The 2017 ASP Annual Conference program will includes an outstanding mix of quality international and Australian speakers and features a parasitology industry perspectives theme. Download the Draft Program for the 2017 ASP Annual Conference – V4.
Elsevier Parasitology Lectures
- IJP Lecture: Jacqueline Matthews (Moredun Research Institute, UK)
- IJP Drugs and Drug Resistance Lecture: Ron Kaminsky (Drug Discovery and Parasitology, Germany)
- IJP Parasites and Wildlife Lecture: Christopher Cleveland (University of Georgia, Athens, U.S.A.)
Plenary Lectures – Parasitology: An Industry Perspective
- Norbert Mencke (Bayer Animal Health, Germany)
- Vern Bowles (Hatchtech, Australia)
- Aleta Knowles (Virbac, Australia)
ASP Invited International Lecturers
- Carol Sibley (University of Washington, USA)
- L. David Sibley (Washington University in St Louis, USA)
Symposia themes and confirmed speakers
- Toxoplasmosis: Giel van Dooren (The Australian National University, Australia)
- Malaria Control: Tom Burkot (James Cook University, Australia)
- Diagnostics: Graham Robertson (Concord Repatriation General Hospital, Australia); Harsha Sheorey (St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne, Australia); Andreas Latz (Novatec Immunodiagnostica, Germany
- Companion Animals: Christian Epe (Merial, USA)
- Aquaculture: Barry Hosking (Elanco Animal Health, Australia)
- Wildlife: Andrew Thompson (Murdoch University, Australia); Stephanie Godfrey (University of Otago, N.Z.)
- Drugs and Drug Resistance, Protozoa: Kevin Saliba (The Australian National University, Australia)
- Life Inside a Red Blood Cell: Brian Cooke (Monash University, Australia)
- Drugs and Drug Resistance, Metazoa: Andrew Kotze (CSIRO, Australia)
- Livestock: Ala Tabor (The University of Queensland, Australia); Peter Rolls (Biosecurity Queensland, Australia); Abdul Jabbar (University of Melbourne)
- Education: Barney Dalgarno (Charles Sturt University, Australia); Jan Slapeta (The University of Sydney)l Abdul Jabbar (The University of Melbourne)
The ASP acknowledges the generous support of Elsevier Parasitology, the International Journal for Parasitology, IJP: DDR, IJP:PAW, Virbac, Bayer Animal Health, Novatec Immunodiagnostica and Merial who are supporting this conference.
Please contact the Conference Coordinator, Lisa Jones by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or telephone +61 (0)7 4232 1311 with any queries.