Biological Scientist/Senior Scientist – Permanent – West Sydney
An exciting opportunity has arisen, working for our client a global leader in healthcare and Australia’s fastest growing innovative pharmaceutical company. They have one of the strongest product development pipelines in the industry today, brought to life by their diverse, talented and performance driven people.
• BSc in a biological related discipline
• Entomological or parasitological background is preferred
• Minimum of 2 years relevant laboratory experience
The key part of the role is to undertake laboratory functions with experimental studies for the strategies of our client’s development of new animal health products and label extensions for existing products, in line with the business.
• Conduct and contribute to advanced laboratory activities to obtain data for the report of efficacy studies.
• Work in accordance with VICH Guidelines for Good Clinical Practice or OECD Principles of Good Laboratory Practice.
• Develop & maintain endo and ecto parasite colonies and cultures to relevant Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensure high standards of animal welfare are maintained in co-operation with the Animal Welfare Officer.
• Collect biological specimens from experimental animals.
• Comply with all company local and global policies including EEO, anti-discrimination, harassment, and health, safety and environment (OH&S) policies.
• BSc or similar qualifications and/or equivalent experience in similar roles.
• Minimum of 2 years relevant laboratory experience is required with a parasitological
or entomology background preferred.
• Sound knowledge of parasites (including diagnosis) and diseases.
• Previous experience of parasite models with a complex life cycle preferred.
• Knowledge of quality systems related to the conduct of studies.
• Previous roles which required scientific report writing and/or data analysis an advantage
• Physically capable and willing to handle animals
• Experienced in handling chemicals, ideally holding Agsafe accreditation
• Self motivated with the ability to identify and solve problems with minimal supervision
• Ability to work additional hours as required
• Ability to undertake local and interstate business travel
• Willingness to learn new skills
• High competency in Microsoft Office English
Standard working hours are 37.5 per week Monday to Friday. Flexible working times are available between 7am to 6pm.
Free on-site car parking is available and you will require your own form of transport.
Training and development opportunities exist for the successful appointee.
If you believe you have the relevant experience and knowledge to take ownership of the role and make it your own, then please apply today.
For a confidential discussion please contact Nicole Allen on 9615 5309 after you have submitted your resume – please submit your details in word format and click on the “Apply” button below or alternatively you can email Nicole.firstname.lastname@example.org